Did you know that YouTube is the second largest search engine in the world?
Or that projects with videos are more than twice as likely to be successful?
So, how important do you think your video is now?
I am going to go cliche here and mention that a picture is worth a thousand words! Videos and screen shots can convey your story so much better than words typed in black, size 12, Times New Roman font. We have been conditioned our whole lives to watch and respond to short videos – they are called commercials!
I have talked about engaging, enlightening, and emotionally connecting. I am going to add another e-word in now – ENTHUSIASM. Don’t be afraid to show your enthusiasm!! While answering the five questions: Who? What? Where? When? and Why?, show your enthusiasm.
So, to review a bit:
1. Be clear and concise – don’t waste people’s time unless you are making them laugh – not always easy in healthcare
2. Use pictures – Images are great storytellers, don’t just be a talking head, throw in some screen shots. We recommend using Screencast-o-matic.com for this.
3. Show your enthusiasm – Convey your passion and make it infectious. At the end of the video you want them to DO something. Make sure you ask for the viewer’s help.
4. Cover the basics – Who? What? Where? When? and Why?
5. Post it with Links to your project – Post your video on YouTube, facebook, linkedin, twitter… wherever you canreally. Make sure you link it back to your project, too!
For more reading on the topic, we also suggest your read our Making Viral Videos for Healthcare post.