Recorded September 23rd, 2020
After seeing hundreds of companies and running 6 contest for COVID, we wanted to look towards the future and see companies that will be making 2021 amazing for healthcare. At the first of four Semi-Finals Heats 9 companies presented their innovations to our online crowd and amazing judges. Growfitter came away with first prize followed by Ligence and Preventiv, but Kinaptic and Magic Horizons put in strong performances too and will be reviewed as well for investment. Thanks for watching and, as always, if you have questions please never hesitate to contact us.
Here are the teams and the order in which they presented:
1.Magic horizons – offers a unique combination of elaborately produced 360-degree environments in 3D, calming music, modern virtual reality technology, and relaxing virtual worlds for VR headsets. They unique AI can give the user a custom experience, that is best tailored to them.
2. Growfitter– A workout app that rewards the user by offered prizes based on the number of days they workout! It only cost two dollars a month to use! The grand prize is an iPhone 11. They are located across different countries. “Burn calories not money”
3. Ligence- An AI software that can read the results of an ultrasound. They are able to save the doctor 5 times the amount of time they would have taken.
4. SmartSteward- first and only intelligent software system that provides nursing facilities with automated early detection and tracking of potentially deadly infectious outbreaks, including influenza, COVID-19 and drug-resistant infections.SmartSteward™ also provides important decision support tools for antibiotic stewardship, regulatory compliance, and optimized cms reimbursement. They also a project on Medstartr check them out here.
5. Kinaptic- wearable solutions deliver clinical quality diagnostic and treatment solutions to everyday garments. They are able to prevent Deep Vein Thrombosis & Pulmonary Embolisms.
6. Polaris- connects a healthcare transportation platform connecting ride requestors and ride payers with transportation providers for non-emergency medical transportation (NEMT) and non-medical transport passenger services.
7. Oxihealth- OxiHealth Accure Test is the first and only comprehensive Oxidative Stress Test.
8.Healthassist– is an application embedded into a Samsung Galaxy watch that reminds your love one to take their medications, schedule medical exams, while tracking heart rate and physical activity. Need 911 or to notify a caretaker? Just one click away! Check out their MedStartr project here.
9. Predictiv- aims to prevent or decrease the impact of disease upon the patient. By predicting the probability of disease, preventive measures can be instituted.